Read More »"/> Read More »"/>
It’s easy to spend money on frivolous projects, when it’s not your money to spend. CBN News Washington Sr. Correspondent Paul Strand exposes various wasteful spending initiatives that makes one question, who even thinks of these things? Some of these projects are extremely creative, I will give Washington that much.
- More federal funding in the amount of $593,000 went to a primate research center to study where in chimpanzees’ brains they get the idea to throw their feces.
- A Virginia university received $55,000 to study Jordanian students’ water pipe smoking habits.
- A new grant of $176,000 joined $350,000 already spent to study how cocaine hurts or helps the sex drive of Japanese quail.
- A museum of magic received $147,000 to study the audiences of magic shows.
- More than $550,000 of U.S. taxes went to the production of a documentary on how rock bands contributed to the fall of the Soviet empire.
- IPad 2s were purchased for $96,000 for students in Maine, where 96 percent of their parents said the cost wasn’t worth it.
- Nevada’s Western Folklife Center received $50,000 for cowboys and cowgirls to gather once a year to recite cowboy poetry.
Don’t get me wrong, I appreciate cowboy poetry as much as the next guy. But with the nation coming up on a $15 trillion dollar debt, it is definitely something I can live without, as far as taxpayer funding goes.