A recent Big Government article “It’s the Math, Stupid!: Seven Devastating Facts About 2012” discusses some upsetting numbers:
- Every day, the U.S. government takes in $6 billion and spends $10 billion. This means that every day the federal government spends $4 billion more dollars than it has.
- The real unemployment rate is a jaw-dropping 11 percent.
- Every fifth man you pass on your way to work is now out of work.
- College graduates are now 34% less likely to find a job under Obama than they were under President George W. Bush.
- Every seventh person you pass on the sidewalk now relies on food stamps.
- The ravages of the Obama economy now mean that more Americans live under the federal poverty line than at any time in U.S. history since records have been kept.
- Under President Barack Obama, every fifth child in America now lives in poverty.
It is needless to say, that these figures cannot continue. While they may look disheartening, they should be used as a reminder of why it is our duty to follow what MyGovCosts.